Graduate survey gives Powerco thumbs up
Powerco has topped the list among New Zealand university graduates as the place to work in the mining, energy, oil and gas sector.
The graduates have also ranked Powerco among the top 100 employers of all New Zealand businesses, coming in at 34th.
Only three other energy companies made the top 100 – Meridian Energy (39th), BP (68th) and Transpower (87th).
Group HR manager, Emma Bennett, said it was great recognition of the working conditions the graduates experienced during their internships across the Powerco network.
“I can’t speak highly enough about the calibre of our graduates and what they bring to Powerco,” she said.
“They are full of ideas and enthusiasm, have critical thinking ability, and an eagerness to make things better. It’s very rewarding to know they love working here as much as we love having them.”
Powerco annually hosts an intake of students from New Zealand universities for 10-weeks from November-February. The lastest group of 18 have just completed their internship.
It's the first time the survey - for website GradNewZealand - has been held in New Zealand after successful rounds in Asia and Australia.
The research was conducted in 2019 to identify the most sought-after employers among New Zealand's university students and recent graduates.
For our office reaction to the great news click here
Sector winners include:
● PwC (Accounting and Advisory)
● ANZ (Banking and Financial Services)
● Fletcher Building (Construction and Property Services)
● Beca (Engineering Consulting)
● Chapman Tripp (Law)
● Accenture (Management Consulting)
● Clemenger Group (Media and Communications)
● Powerco (Mining, Energy, Oil and Gas)
● Ministry of Education (Public Service and Utilities)
● Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (R&D and Manufacturing)
● Fonterra (Retail, Sales and Consumer Goods)
● Microsoft (Technology)
● Air New Zealand (Transport and Logistics)
For a full list go to: https://gradnewzealand.nz/