Safety Rules and Laws
There are a wide range of rules that must be followed when working in and around our gas and/or electricity networks.
Here are some links if you’d like to learn more about specific safety laws, regulations and guidelines for New Zealand gas and electricity networks.
- National Code of Practice for Utility Operators access to the transport corridor
- NZECP 34: NZ Electrical Code of Practice for electrical safety distances
- MBIE Guide for Safety with Underground Services
- Electricity Act 1992
- Electricity Regulations 1997
- Safety Rules – Electricity Industry, SERI and General Safety Guide
- Health and Safety in Employment Act
[Powerco Safety team to vet and provide list for links]